CBD (cannabinoids) is one of the numerous compounds found in the cannabis plant. Only tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is more abundant than CBD in the plant. Nowadays, there are tons of CBD products in the market – both regulated and unregulated marketplaces.
CBD products contain various properties such as sedative, anti-inflammatory, anxiolytic, analgesic, anticonvulsive, and antipsychotic properties. With the help of these properties, it can help for treating pain, anxiety, and depression.
However, getting CBD products can be a major challenge for lots of individuals. Users can either get the products from a licensed dispensary or unregulated sellers. But where is the best place to get CBD products?
Buying CBD products from a licensed dispensary
It is worthwhile to understand that CBD products are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This means that the quality of products from certain buyers may be questionable. Therefore, buyers are saddled with the responsibility of looking for and buying quality CBD products that don’t put them in any sort of danger.
To avoid any issues, you are advised to purchase CBD products from a licensed dispensary. Generally, a licensed dispensary will focus on offering the best and highest quality of products.
Some of the ways a licensed dispensary guarantee the best quality CBD products include:
- They only sell products with a COA
- They ensure that a dependable third-party laboratory carried out a test to ascertain the quality of the product.
Some of these licensed dispensaries may even provide lab results and COAs to the customers. Also, these dispensaries will offer detailed labeling for the products. Therefore, you can have an assurance of the quality of the products that you are about to buy.
This is in sharp contrast to the black market sellers. These black market sellers are not licensed to sell CB products to any customer. However, their products are often cheaper and more relatively accessible than those from licensed dispensaries. As a consequence of these factors, many CBD users will be willing to buy from the black market.
Unfortunately, buying from a black market seller may lead to certain risks. These risks include:
- Issues with the quality of the products – You may not know whether their CBD products are of high quality or not.
- No labeling of the product – Some unlicensed sellers don’t label their products. As a result of this, you may not know the ingredients of the CBD products you want to buy from them.
- Contamination – Lots of unlicensed sellers offer contaminated products to their customers.
- The amount of CBD advertised as being available in the CBD products – Another issue is that some black market sellers may include an amount of CBD that is different from what they tell their customers that the product includes.
These risks can lead to varying side effects of CBD products such as upset stomach, fatigue, hallucination, and lots more. So, whenever you want to get CBD products, you are advised to only buy from a licensed dispensary. With this, you can rest assured that you are getting high-quality CBD products that don’t put your life at risk.